Friday, November 19, 2010

What are the Best Products for Natural African American Hair?

I have been natural for over 4 years now but I still have never mastered how to properly care for my hair. I have natural, very tight coils/curls in my hair that tend to be dry and poofy. I normally just wear my hair in a TWA or curl my hair for a nice curly fro. Here's an exampke of my type of hair (not me tho):

http://www.folica.com/images/reviews/7/687-hairstyles.jpg



I use l'oreal shampoo and conditioner for dry hair and the TLC Sunsilk deep conditioner. Sometimes i use African Pride hair oil and Protectiv hair creme.



What products work best to maintain moisture and health in my type of hair? I find that i have no shine in my hair, what can I do to give it luster? Also, what can i use to straighten it occasionally? Are there actually no-chemical, no-damage ';perms';? Otherwise, what is the best flat iron for my hair? And what products give bounce and shine?



BTW, i refuse to use products with petroleum or mineral oil so don't bother in telling me to ';grease'; my hair.What are the Best Products for Natural African American Hair?
Northwest Scents products are specifically formulated for black, African, and highly textured hair. They are moisturizing and gentle, and are free from petrolatum, mineral oil, sulfates, and parabens. For information about these products, and for information about natural straightening techniques for black and African hair visit http://www.pressing-hair.infoWhat are the Best Products for Natural African American Hair?
biosilk!! its a serum. try it!! it doesnt leave your hair greasy at all.
I totally agree with Lolly. Northwest scents turned my natural kinky hair to very manageable my comb goes through it like a hot knife through butter. Also shea moisture products work very well for me
wash with aloe

No comments:

Post a Comment