Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I have curly hair but no idea what to do with it! HELP?

I KNOW ITS ALOT BUT I'VE NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO DO ANYTHING WITH MY HAIR AND I REALLY NEED ANYBODY'S HELP!



Okay, so if you could help me in anyway possible that would be great! Whether it's some products I could use, or ways to do my hair... Okay, so here's the problem...



So when I was younger, my hair all fell out and I have been blessed and all my hair has grown back! The problem is, when all my friends learned how to straighten or curl their hair using a flat iron or a curling iron or even just putting product in to keep it from frizzing when we werea ll becoming teenagers (12, 13, 14), I was busy wearing a hat. Now that it has all grown in, and it has been like that for about a year and a half, I have only done one style-other than having it in a pony tail or up in a bun- Because my hair is naturally curly, when it is towel dried, I would put in gel and mousse and it would keep the curls and would keep the frizziness down to a good level. Then once, I got my hair cut and the lady straightened it and I was so happy! But other than that I have no idea what to do- or HOW to do it!



If anybody has curly hair, how do you keep care of it? Like, I wash mine, but once it dries it completely frizzes up and I can't possibly leave it down!



I would like to know how/when I should put in product, or what products. Also, I want to try straightening or curling/waving my hair with a flat iron or curling iron, but when should I do it? Right after I wash my hair-once it air dries? Or should I blow dry it, then straighten it etc... Although, when I blow dry- it gets very frizzy! So how do I do it? Steps, videos and little secrets would be very helpful.



Lastly, I was wondering if there was a serum or kind of product I could out in my hair that would keep it's natural wavyness/curlyness without frizzing... I've heard of ';leave-in'; conditioner- but does that really do anything?



If it helps, I'm:

*14

*My hair, when wet, hits about where my bra strap would, so about half way down my back.

*It's brown/hazlenut in colour.

*I wash my hair every other day, except when I play sports, I would wash it that day.I have curly hair but no idea what to do with it! HELP?
ok theres a lot of things you can do with curly hair, be SOOOOO proud!!! u don't wanna overkill the lovely locks with all the heat and i know at 14 ur all ';my friends hair ....kewl'; but no, u'll love ur self more for it when u see the real health of ur curly hair. i advise u to get the split end mender from ';sallys beauty supply'; it works wonders and makes the hair feel so soft! and theres all kinds of serums you can put in it to keep it calm. they sell curls keep in conditioner and omg theres so much variety you can do with it!!! once you get done washing hair, comb it and put the leave in conditioner for it, or u know what helps a lot, just get the plain conditioner from the shower u use and leave it in there for extreme softness, the shampoo u use it very important too, always get the shampoo that says ';for dryness, breakage or chemically damaged hair'; bcuz it's stronger in correcting the curls and not letting the poof get the better of the curls. mousse is great for your hair too! so yeah when the hair is washed, just comb it, put the conditioner in it, and let it air dry, u'll be able to see the difference. the reason our hair is dry is bcuz since our hair is in a certain ';ringly'; shape, the oils don't get straight down as easily as straight hair, thats y ppl with straight hair have super shiny hair. but just follow those directions and see how it turns out! oh and hair shiners work great too! like shine serums make it look so pretty!I have curly hair but no idea what to do with it! HELP?
leave in conditioner makes your hair thick, do not blow dry your hair next time, jus make it dry naturally and make it a bit damp then add oil to it, and if you want, add gel.
i'm sorry, i cant help you on that..i have like the same hair, so if you get any info please share!!!
idk
Ah, curly hair can be such a nightmare sometimes! What I do when I want to leave my hair curly is: Let it air dry if possible. If not, wait til it's at least just damp and blow dry it on low. Spray shine serum on it! It softens your hair and makes it have a healthy shine, and a lot of shine serums are also frizz reducers. Just run your fingers through your hair after that, maybe use a pick if you can. Scrunching your hair with your fingers also helps. As for the leave-in conditioner, I've had good luck with Garnier Fructisse's. Just make sure you don't use too much - it'll really weigh down your hair.
Here are some frizz tips for you!



* A good haircut is key (find an expert here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlsalons鈥?/a>

* Sleep on a satin pillowcase

* Don't shampoo every day

* Comb conditioner through hair in the shower

* Avoid terrycloth towels; use microfiber instead

* Air dry or use a diffuser

* Use styling products suited for your hair type (http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types鈥?/a>

* NEVER use a brush

* Don't touch your hair

* A pomade is great for mid-day touchups

* Apply styling products to dripping wet hair



Check out http://www.naturallycurly.com for lots of great info about curly, wavy, kinky and textured hair!
hey love, girls think curls are a blessing, i think its a pain in the ***.

i have learned with my own hair that you can NOT brush your hair after

it has dried only brush curly hair when wet. to keep good curls

i use a million products.. my favorite is that new purple curling gel by herbal esscence..

i hope you know what im talking about.. its easy to find. put products on when your hair is damp.



as for straightening you NEED to get a protectant for your hair but i blow dry my hair first then straighten my hair. do it in layers.. it takes the kinks out better. you can do it after it is airdryed but i have found it harder for your hair to do what you want it to do that way.



i always mix an anti frizz( use small amounts) a gel and a mousse and go over it in a scrunching motion with my towell for keeping my hair unfrizzy. you dont need to buy the most expensive brands just have those three things.. goodluck sweetheart.
umm well there are many different options out there you just have to find the right one!

My hair is thick and course, and i am all black. :) But either way, maybe get one of those strong flat irons that go up to like 250 degrees like the CHI's or Amika's that you find in the mall :) Or just put on a head band on day and just be crazy. There is nothing wrong with all natural. Maybe ask your mom if a texturizer is an option for you. Making your hair smaller is the key to success.So maybe parting your hair in the middle and wearing half up and half down coulkd be pretty. Straightening your hair on rainy days is never good though, so maybe instead, put your hair up ina cute bun or something.



Hope i helped! :)
my hair is just a little bit longer and is naturally wavy/curly. if you want to keep nice curls, put mousse in your hair right after you towel dry and brush (use the recommended amount on the back of the can) then put it up in a lowish bun before you go to bed. it will be a tiny bit wet when you wake up, so just spray it a tiny bit with an aerosol hairspray and you're set. the most important thing is to not mess with your hair that much during the day. i know its hard, but touching your hair causes frizzies.

No comments:

Post a Comment