Friday, November 19, 2010

How can I fix my dry and damaged hair cheaply?

I've had some problems with my hair being dry and damaged in the past and it's starting again. I want to grow my hair out but I can't because it keeps getting dry and gets split ends and I have to start all over. It's currently about 3 inches past my shoulders and I've been trying to grow it down to my chest but it's taking forever.

My normal hair routine.

1. I wash my hair every other day to keep from over washing, unless I need to

2. I don't bunch my hair up in the shower, I just wash the scalp and rinse with warm water

3. After I use shampoo, I put in conditioner and leave it in for about 10 minutes and then rinse out with cooler water

4. I let my hair air dry and I use my fingers to untangle it and then brush it

5. Once it's dry and if it is frizzy I put some frizzy stuff in and it, or if it feels really dry I put it in because it also moisturizes it some

6. I don't curl or flat iron my hair. I only flat iron it when I'm getting dressed up or some of my hair is sticking up and I can't make it stay down

7. I brush it before I go to sleep, when I wake up and a few times during the day.



I use whatever shampoo and conditioner my mom buys and I ask her to get the ones thats for dry hair. (VO5, silkience, sometimes suave, and white rain). I have redken smooth down ( I use it as heat protection, to mousterize, and to controll frizz). I also drink a lot of water.



So am I doing things right? Do I need to change products? What more can I do?How can I fix my dry and damaged hair cheaply?
i have the same issue.but recently ive been using new products and my hair has been more healthier.first off its def better to get trims every 4-6 weeks to get off the dead ends.believe it or not that actually helps the hair grow faster because if you let it grow and dont get it cut for a couple months then you will have to get more cut off because it will be so dead.so get daily trims.2nd ive recently swictched over to garnier frutisse and its the best shampoo.it makes hair shiny and healthy.ive used just about every shampoo in the book ,even expensive ones but this is the best.i use garnier in length and strength.it works well.they also have it for moisture and nutrition,whatever you want.so def go get that and switch over.then use a moisturizer.ive been using nuetrogena triple moisture. it really helps your dry hair.you just put it on in the shower after washing your hair and leave it on a few minutes .also chi products work well.there a little pricey but they work well.i def agree redken smooth down is good i use that.but i do know that it can make hair greasy looking and any products that have alchohal or anything can dry it out more.def remain staying away from hot irons and dying your hair for a little while.it should be back to normal after doing all this.How can I fix my dry and damaged hair cheaply?
How can your hair be dried out? You are taking good care not exposing it to heat from irons and hairdryers. You can try skipping one more day between washes (if roots don't get oily too fast). I am guessing you have curly hair. If so, it tends to be dry. You can try leaving a leave in conditioner in it or not rinsing your conditioner out completely (rinse about 90% out). Stay away from styling products with alcohol and use a moisturizing mousse. Wear hats out in the sun and rinse hair immediatly after swimming. Hope something I added here works.

If your hair is still very dry, you may want to look at your diet and see if you are deficient in something.
it sounds ok. mayb u just got like corser hair. like some people got like really soft hair and others hair it not soft. id go to like a hair salon or somethin and ask them adn see if they recomed anything.

whenever i tryed suave and white rain it dryed my hair out. iv never used a vo5 shampoo but i use a leav in conditioner of it and i love it. u should try nexuus shampoo. it works really good.
I would advise you to not iron much often if you do and stick with one shampoo/conditioner since my hair used to be like that and then fall off more often.All the chemicals and ingredients in differnet shampoos/conditoners gets to make your hair rough and get split ends, which causes it. It would help if your conditoner had pantheynol in it too.
Get better products! Its gonna be expensive but is it worth healthier looking hair? The best conditioner Ive ever used is Biolage Conditioning Balm. I also like Bedhead After Party for heat protection/moisturizer. Its pretty pricey, but worth it... Also getting trims often helps keep hair healthy, even if youre trying to grow it out.
Try putting mayonnaise on your wet hair once a week. Wrap with a warm towel and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
for you.. my favorite is Moroccan oil products

No comments:

Post a Comment