Friday, November 19, 2010

African American Hair Advice....How can i get a finish look without going to a hairstylist?

I'm African American and I would like to know what can I do to my hair to make it look like I been to salon without even going to one.I get my hair done every 2 weeks but on the 2nd week I wash my hair and my hair looks really dry and it does not have any body in it after i wash my hair .So I would like to know what can i do to create a more finished look at home.Are there some products that i can use or is their something i have to do with the flat iron or curling iron to make my hair have body to it....all races are welcome to answer this question because you may know something about african american hair that i don't know about...thanks...African American Hair Advice....How can i get a finish look without going to a hairstylist?
girl this is the secret before you flat iron spay hella oil sheen I mean a gang of it then one layer of spritz. you know how when you just come out of the shop and you got that off the hook shine and bounce thats what it does believe me. use that ISOPLUS sheen and that umm dayum i forgot the name of spritz. Dont use the super hold spritz tho use the lightweight one. O yeah paul mitchell got this tea tree spray not only does it smell good it give u that hold without the stiffness. invest in some stove irons about 150 for the stove 70 for the irons that will put u over the top u would never have to go to the shop for nothing but a perm also get a dryen u sit under great for leave in conditions or when you try to get that curly texturized lookAfrican American Hair Advice....How can i get a finish look without going to a hairstylist?
Your hair lacks moisture! That is why it is too dry. I bet it is brittle and breaking too. It sounds like you need a deep conditioning also on a regular basis. You should deep condition your hair every time you wash it. You are using the wrong products on you hair (that's why it is too soft, I bet you are using the leave in conditioners). You have damaged hair (a relaxer, I bet?) Stop buying that cheap **** and be careful about those chemicals. Please check out this website. I have ordered and used the moisturizer and the conditioner. My hair does not break off like it used to. I also purshased the book, which I ordered from Border's book store because I had a gift card. I use the Apoghee shampoo for damaged hair (purchased at Sally's). Order the conditioning treatment from this website and use it faithfully and wash your hair as suggested in this website -- every three days or at least once a week. Get the book and become informed. We African Americans (men and women) need to learn how to care for our hair and sad to say, sometimes, the beauticians give us bad advice. What works for Caucasians is not what we need. Read the testimonals on this website. Get educated. You may even decide to stop going to the beauty shop. Let me know what you think after reading this website. It is very informative to say the least. The products on this page were created by an African American woman who had the same problems you described. She proves you can grow your hair 6 inches in a year. Oh, also, try taking vitamins for your hair too. You can get those at Sally's. There are various brands, but I used the Follicure.
Pantene for Color is a good washing product but the best is Kera Care. It is pretty expensive but it's worth it, it detangles good also. Both will maintain your hair's body. Try not to use holding sprays and oil sheen. The best gloss is a thin liquid gloss in the bottle that you can squeeze in your hand and rub through you hair. It wont weigh your hair down and it's very light. I always roller set my hair and wear a bonnet or wrap it at night. It's easy to maintain. For a straight look you can just flatiron it. Good luck.
Use the same products as your stylist (Affirm, Mizani, etc.). Ask your stylist to show you how to maintain your style if you wash it before returning to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment