Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I get rid of the burnt scent from my hair after I heat style it?

I rarely heat style my hair. The natural look suits me just fine. However when I do use heat styling(flat iron and curling irons) i am left with a burnt smell. I do use good quality devices to do my hair as well. And I do apply heat protectants. Can anyone help me? I would like the opinions of those that are familiar with african american hair. Thank you! I would love product recommendations as well.How do I get rid of the burnt scent from my hair after I heat style it?
Don't heat style in the first place.How do I get rid of the burnt scent from my hair after I heat style it?
Perfume!!!!!!!! The smell is so annoying, I know, so I always put perfume in my hair and it covers up the smell
If your hair is smelling burnt you probably need to turn down your curling iron. My hair is really frizzy sometimes so I thought it would take a lot of heat, but now I use a lower setting and ceramic and I dont have that smell anymore. Lightly spraing your hair with oil sheen b/f styling helps and as for products Doo Gro is my fav. They have a really light oil that is really good. I usually dont put oils or grease in my hair but this one is light enough to just make hair shine. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment