Sunday, December 11, 2011

What's Worse- curling iron or straightening iron...?

So I took a break from flat-ironing my hair, and just used a curling iron- without blowing drying it. I have relaxed hair (washed with moisturizing shampoo and conditioner) and let it air-dry all day (and looked crazy, but the things we do for healthy hair...). Then I put a ton of protectant stuff and curled about 1 inch sections each. My ends seemed less rough than when I use an iron and I put some serum stuff to soften it and make it shiny.



So I want to know, is this better or about the same? I know it's still heat, but it seemed softer and less rough than when I iron it. My iron goes up to 400 F, though I only put it most at 325 F (is that too much?) I set my iron (Conair) on #11 (don't know how hot that is...)What's Worse- curling iron or straightening iron...?
Well to be honest from my experience i think that the curling iron is worst.



My straighteners have ceramic plates which provides me with a smooth glide which doesn't pull on my hair, also when im straightening i'm constantly moving the Straighteners in a smooth motion downwards which means that the heat is spread down my hair and not applied just to one area of my hair.



Where as with the curlers the reason i think they damage your hair is because you have to wrap your hair around a hot plate and hold it in position for a good 10 seconds maybe longer depending on how good your curlers are.



this is only my personal opinion. getting naturally straight hair is hard, but its easy to get curly hair without heat. Search for tutorials on youtube.What's Worse- curling iron or straightening iron...?
straightening is worse because you're not only applying heat, you're pulling and stretching the hair too.
I don't think that it matters too much. It depends on how you curl it/ straighten it. I would say you should ask a hairdresser which one would be better for you.
i use a straigthener BUT it has 100% CERAMIC PLATES

that makes all the difference

i have EXTREMLY fair hair [naturally blonde=i cant even use hair dyes]

and this works

i didnt even notice a change in it

whatever you use get cermamic plates

it will be expensive tho
  • pets
  • myspace top
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment