Sunday, December 11, 2011

How do I treat a curling iron burn?

Last night I was trying to curl my hair with my big barrel curling iron. I don't know what happened exactly, but somehow when setting my iron down it grazed my thigh, just above my knee. It probably touched my skin for about two seconds. I washed it with cold water afterwards, and that was all I did at first. I didn't think it was going to be bad because i've burned myself with a flat iron before and nothing has happened to me before.



There was no mark until later when I noticed it was pink and the skin had raised a little. I washed it again and sprayed it with Lanacane anti-bacterial spray that contains vitamin E %26amp; aloe. After that I went to bed and this morning my burn is a deep brown/red color. I sprayed it with Lanacane again and now I have been soaking it in Aloe Vera Gel. Oh and i've been rubbing anti-scarring cream on it too.



How can I heal this scar at home? The skin is no longer raised. The burn looks to be about 4 inches long and 1 inch wide. The coloring is still a deep brown/red . Please tell me this won't scar, i'm trying everything I can so that it won't. I have enough scars to worry about. And last thing I need is an infection.How do I treat a curling iron burn?
Don't put any more creams or lotions on it. That will trap the burn and cause more damage to underlying skin. Just keep it clean (cool water and soap) and let it breath. It shouldn't scar, it just needs time to healHow do I treat a curling iron burn?
o.k. it worked for my grandson.Take reglar table mustard an honey mix together just small bits at a time clean area an apply it on the burn do noy cover it allow it to just air dry do that about twice a day it should heal so much quicker,It will also take the sting out of the burn

No comments:

Post a Comment